Thursday 6 October 2011

Seashells

I drew a line
Then another... and another,
On the pink sand
With seashells
That whispered a story
I never could understand.
I sat on theh sand, cross-legged.

Silence...

Seashells fell in handfuls
And buried their faces
On the pink grit.
I sat there still, watching.

The gleaming white wedding veils
Were now hurled,
As the face of the night showed.
I counted the stars that appeared
One... two... three... four...five...
Stopped.
Watched them emerge from the distance.
One fell into the ocean,
I made no wish.
Not tonight.

The lines I drew took me nowhere
None of them lead to you, anymore.
The compass fell on the sand,
Then seeped into it...
They were lines,
Drawn on the pink sand.

Darkness transcended into silence,
Silence into myself,
And into a seashell,
Whispering in the stillness, of darkness...

3 comments:

Things My Mother Left

From my Mother I inherited a box. It had her troubled childhood Stacked in countless diaries. A dusty scarf from her youth That stil...